Cahal Milmo is the chief reporter of The Independent and has been with the paper since 2000. He was born in London and previously worked at the Press Association news agency. He has reported on assignment at home and abroad, including Rwanda, Sudan and Burkina Faso, the phone hacking scandal and the London Olympics. In his spare time he is a keen runner and cyclist, and keeps an allotment.
25 May 2014 12:00 AM
23 May 2014 12:00 AM
A senior Labour MP has called on the Government to overhaul its scrutiny of American military bases in Britain following the revelation that the Pentagon is to spend nearly £200m on a new intelligence hub in Northamptonshire.
22 May 2014 02:35 PM
Police confirm an incident took place at the Emporium wine bar in Clitheroe
21 May 2014 07:40 PM
Three privately owned yachts are set to join the hunt for four British sailors missing in the Atlantic following the resumption of the official search by the American authorities.
21 May 2014 12:00 AM
Beyond GDP: UN looks at alternative measures of the wealth of nations - including birdsong, the number of girls attending school and a good night's sleep
18 May 2014 05:58 PM
The monetary value of the goods and services produced by a nation fail to reflect its social and environmental 'wealth', experts say
18 May 2014 12:00 AM
15 May 2014 09:04 AM
IEDs killed nearly 23,000 civilians last year – and the global toll is rising, writes Cahal Milmo
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'