Camila Batmanghelidjh is the founder of Kids Company and Place2Be
This week's big questions: Will people learn to cope with austerity? Is there too much panic over child sex abuse?
07 December 2012 06:23 PM
This week's questions answered by the founder of Kids Company and the Place2Be
28 October 2012 09:30 PM
We continue to believe that children involved in gangs are different from us. In describing them as "vermin", "predators" and "criminals", we negate them as a species apart.
06 April 2012 12:00 AM
As toddlers, Taylor, Henry and Adam used to draw pictures of food on pieces of paper and swallow them. Mary, 15, and her 16-year-old brother stole frozen meat and ate it raw. Their stories are less common than they used to be. Shockingly, more and more children are coming to Kids Company for food.
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria