Camila Batmanghelidjh is the founder of Kids Company and Place2Be
This week's big questions: Will people learn to cope with austerity? Is there too much panic over child sex abuse?
07 December 2012 06:23 PM
This week's questions answered by the founder of Kids Company and the Place2Be
28 October 2012 09:30 PM
We continue to believe that children involved in gangs are different from us. In describing them as "vermin", "predators" and "criminals", we negate them as a species apart.
06 April 2012 12:00 AM
As toddlers, Taylor, Henry and Adam used to draw pictures of food on pieces of paper and swallow them. Mary, 15, and her 16-year-old brother stole frozen meat and ate it raw. Their stories are less common than they used to be. Shockingly, more and more children are coming to Kids Company for food.
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition