Carolina has worked in the refugee sector for the last nine years in a variety of roles supporting asylum seekers and refugees in the UK. She has combined academic specialism in the field of refugee work with practical frontline experience. She has worked for Solace (Surviving Exile and Persecution, Leeds) and for the Refugee Council in a number of different roles specializing in women’s issues, asylum support and the reform of the legal aid and asylum processes. She currently works for Eaves’ Poppy Project supporting young women who have been trafficked.
Anti-Slavery Day: Protection and justice for trafficked children should be paramount - regardless of their immigration status
18 October 2012 12:00 AM
The authorities tend to say ‘historical victim of trafficking’, but for these victims, the suffering isn't in the past.
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
- 1 Revolutionary lost Caravaggio painting 'Mary Magdalen in Ecstasy' identified
- 2 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 5 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands