Catherine Pepinster is the editor of The Tablet, the Catholic weekly
30 August 2013 07:00 PM
In its earliest centuries, the religion of outcasts and rebels had women at its heart
08 March 2013 07:00 PM
Virtuous atheists may live well and do good – but can they give hope to the hopeless cases?
11 February 2013 07:04 PM
Benedict failed to reform the Vatican, preferring to write his books
03 November 2012 12:00 AM
Which of the major religions suffers most oppression in the world today? Christianity.
22 December 2002 12:00 AM
I had a sense of impending doom last week when I got home, realised the cleaner hadn't turned up, and phoned her on her mobile. It was the unmistakable sound of a phone ringing in a foreign country.
11 July 1999 12:02 AM
06 June 1999 12:02 AM
04 April 1999 12:02 AM
21 February 1999 12:02 AM
24 January 1999 12:02 AM
- 1 Pensioner James Gray places advert in newspaper for company on Christmas Day
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 4 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white