Charles Turner is Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of Warwick. He lived in Turkey from 2010 to 2011. His research and teaching interests have also taken him to the Bavarian Academy of Sciences, Munich (1990-1991), the University of Warsaw (1992-1994) and the Jagiellonian University, Krakow (1999) . His publications include Modernity and Politics in the Work of Max Weber (Routledge 1992) and Investigating Sociological Theory (Sage 2010). His wife is Turkish, and currently participating in the demonstrations in Istanbul.
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats