Chris Bellamy is Professor of Maritime Security at the University of Greenwich. He won the Westminster Medal for Military Literature in 2008 for Absolute War: Soviet Russia in the Second World War (Pan Macmillan 2007).
19 March 2014 06:25 PM
The Black Sea port is both symbolically and strategically vital
Brian Crozier: Intelligence and security expert who fought communism and founded his own spy network
13 August 2012 12:00 AM
Those who remember TV in the early 1960s may recall the dramatic opening of Danger Man, starring a young Patrick McGoohan. "Every Government has its secret service badge. America – it's CIA. France – Deuxième Bureau. England [!] – MI5. A messy job? Well, that's when they usually call on me. Or someone like me. Oh yes. My name is…"
11 April 1998 12:02 AM
04 February 1997 12:02 AM
06 June 1996 12:02 AM
05 May 1996 12:02 AM
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights