Chris Bellamy is Professor of Maritime Security at the University of Greenwich. He won the Westminster Medal for Military Literature in 2008 for Absolute War: Soviet Russia in the Second World War (Pan Macmillan 2007).
19 March 2014 06:25 PM
The Black Sea port is both symbolically and strategically vital
Brian Crozier: Intelligence and security expert who fought communism and founded his own spy network
13 August 2012 12:00 AM
Those who remember TV in the early 1960s may recall the dramatic opening of Danger Man, starring a young Patrick McGoohan. "Every Government has its secret service badge. America – it's CIA. France – Deuxième Bureau. England [!] – MI5. A messy job? Well, that's when they usually call on me. Or someone like me. Oh yes. My name is…"
11 April 1998 12:02 AM
04 February 1997 12:02 AM
06 June 1996 12:02 AM
05 May 1996 12:02 AM
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Dylan Moran on quitting smoking, being about as sexy as the Pope and why comedy panel programmes are 'c*ck shows'
- 5 Modern society encapsulated in five seconds