Chris Bellamy is Professor of Maritime Security at the University of Greenwich. He won the Westminster Medal for Military Literature in 2008 for Absolute War: Soviet Russia in the Second World War (Pan Macmillan 2007).
19 March 2014 06:25 PM
The Black Sea port is both symbolically and strategically vital
Brian Crozier: Intelligence and security expert who fought communism and founded his own spy network
13 August 2012 12:00 AM
Those who remember TV in the early 1960s may recall the dramatic opening of Danger Man, starring a young Patrick McGoohan. "Every Government has its secret service badge. America – it's CIA. France – Deuxième Bureau. England [!] – MI5. A messy job? Well, that's when they usually call on me. Or someone like me. Oh yes. My name is…"
11 April 1998 12:02 AM
04 February 1997 12:02 AM
06 June 1996 12:02 AM
05 May 1996 12:02 AM
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy has not been arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters