Group Content Editor of The Independent, i, The Independent on Sunday and Evening Standard - and former Editor of The Independent.
24 October 2014 11:26 PM
24 October 2014 11:57 AM
While the rest of us enjoy a lazy Sunday, bankers across Europe will be having a nerve-jangling day. At noon in Frankfurt they will receive the results of the European Central Bank’s examination of their financial strength.
Devolution for the North would be great if only Manchester didn’t rile the region’s other major cities so much
23 October 2014 05:24 PM
Let’s sound a note of caution over the ManSheffLeedsPool idea
21 October 2014 07:28 PM
Midweek View: Both main political parties have soul-searching to do - as yet again, Farage shows an ability to leave them gasping
17 October 2014 11:45 PM
16 October 2014 06:18 PM
If you read about Freud's time spent working in the City, then his latest comments come as little surprise
15 October 2014 10:29 AM
The London Mayor's biography of his hero Sir Winston Churchill is a scintillating, if hyperbolic, portrait of another non-comformist politician
15 October 2014 12:22 AM
Midweek View: Does George Osborne’s plan make provision for looking after pensioners once they’ve had their longed-for cruise?
10 October 2014 10:10 PM
09 October 2014 06:18 PM
The latest figures on the make-up of our high streets demand a radical response
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory