Chris Bryant MP writes a column for The Independent
17 May 2013 07:21 PM
Plus: Ordeal by 'Question Time' (sorry, my words on how it would feel to leave the EU were ill-chosen) and how I met a cabbie with top Tehran gossip
10 May 2013 04:38 PM
Plus: Strangers among the Conservatives; make hay while the party is in disarray and a delicious detail missing from the National Theatre's 'This House'
03 May 2013 06:58 PM
Jesse Norman's appointment, and his explanation for it, leave much to be desired
26 April 2013 07:08 PM
Bold as brass, our Home Secretary told parliament she believed the UK Government should abide by the rule of law. Well, fancy that!
19 April 2013 05:41 PM
Everyone knows in these areas that work is the best route out of poverty, but making that a reality without addressing regional issues is a recipe for social disease
12 April 2013 06:24 PM
Aside from my own conversion to socialism, it was Section 28 that turned me against Thatcher permanently. Plus, recalling parliament sets an unnecessary precedent
29 March 2013 07:07 PM
David was a great boss for the 10 very enjoyable minutes that I was a minister at the Foreign Office
22 March 2013 06:25 PM
Plus, surely Tony Hall can't run the BBC and sit in the House of Lords?
15 March 2013 06:22 PM
At the moment, it’s the Empty Parliament – a legislative programme that is a void and an economic policy devoid of a strategy for growth
08 March 2013 07:00 PM
Plus, a Caracas hospital with a busy patient
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.