Chris Jackson is a London-based freelance journalist, communications expert and former writer at The Socialist International. He also writes on issues foreign and domestic, serious and satirical, on his blog, laymansnews.wordpress.com. He also writes for The Sunday Independent, The Irish Times, TheJournal.ie, and The Huffington Post.
26 January 2014 03:29 PM
The government's argument for deterrence is fatuous. To assume that those given to alcohol, cigarettes and drugs will stop should the cost be high enough is absurd
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Ben Affleck asked TV chiefs to hide slave-owning ancestry, new hacked Sony emails published by Wikileaks claim
- 3 Driving while dehydrated can be just as dangerous as drink driving, study suggests
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 One Direction: Louis Tomlinson launching his own record label, has already 'signed two acts'