Chris Leadbeater is a full-time travel journalist who has written for The Independent since 2009. He specialises in the USA, South America and Europe, but has covered destinations as varied as Mozambique, New Zealand, Indonesia and Lebanon. Prior to becoming a travel journalist, he worked as a music writer and for men's magazines.
11 October 2014 12:00 AM
03 October 2014 10:16 AM
Colombia's capital is much more than just a gateway to South America, says Chris Leadbeater
14 September 2014 12:00 AM
07 September 2014 12:00 AM
26 August 2014 07:38 PM
A new BBC series shines a spotlight on the Taj Mahal Palace, and the century-old grande dame is back on sparkling form
25 August 2014 05:40 PM
It's the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Paris from German occupation
15 August 2014 03:00 PM
It may be the smallest of America’s 50 states, but Rhode Island has a lot to offer, with an arty capital, shoreside mansions and fine beaches
02 August 2014 12:00 AM
26 July 2014 12:00 AM
06 July 2014 12:00 AM
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat