Chris Leadbeater is a full-time travel journalist who has written for The Independent since 2009. He specialises in the USA, South America and Europe, but has covered destinations as varied as Mozambique, New Zealand, Indonesia and Lebanon. Prior to becoming a travel journalist, he worked as a music writer and for men's magazines.
14 November 2014 10:22 AM
It's 25 years since a non-violent uprising made Czechoslovakian history
28 October 2014 10:00 AM
A staff member in The Muhammad Ali Center in Louisville revealed that Ali has, on occasion, slipped into the museum incognito to relive his victories
24 October 2014 11:51 AM
The 'Silver State' has a dazzling range of sights, from the neon of Las Vegas to desert landscapes and snowy peaks, says Chris Leadbeater
11 October 2014 12:00 AM
03 October 2014 10:16 AM
Colombia's capital is much more than just a gateway to South America, says Chris Leadbeater
14 September 2014 12:00 AM
07 September 2014 12:00 AM
26 August 2014 07:38 PM
A new BBC series shines a spotlight on the Taj Mahal Palace, and the century-old grande dame is back on sparkling form
25 August 2014 05:40 PM
It's the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Paris from German occupation
15 August 2014 03:00 PM
It may be the smallest of America’s 50 states, but Rhode Island has a lot to offer, with an arty capital, shoreside mansions and fine beaches
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'