Chris Leadbeater is a full-time travel journalist who has written for The Independent since 2009. He specialises in the USA, South America and Europe, but has covered destinations as varied as Mozambique, New Zealand, Indonesia and Lebanon. Prior to becoming a travel journalist, he worked as a music writer and for men's magazines.
14 September 2014 12:00 AM
07 September 2014 12:00 AM
26 August 2014 07:38 PM
A new BBC series shines a spotlight on the Taj Mahal Palace, and the century-old grande dame is back on sparkling form
25 August 2014 05:40 PM
It's the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Paris from German occupation
15 August 2014 03:00 PM
It may be the smallest of America’s 50 states, but Rhode Island has a lot to offer, with an arty capital, shoreside mansions and fine beaches
02 August 2014 12:00 AM
26 July 2014 12:00 AM
06 July 2014 12:00 AM
22 June 2014 12:00 AM
21 June 2014 12:00 AM
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Frank Lampard equalises for Manchester City against Chelsea: how the internet reacted
- 3 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair