Chris Sloggett is a policy journalist and writer. He is a former history and politics teacher, and is currently writing a book on how society will view us in the future.
When league tables claim that 0% of students at top schools are getting a good education, it's glaringly obvious that they need to be scrapped
01 February 2015 04:26 PM
The latest controversy over school rankings proves just how useless they are
01 December 2014 05:19 PM
It is very possible that another crisis is being kept quiet somewhere now. When public servants are scared to speak out, something is rotten
26 September 2014 07:04 PM
It's about time they acknowledged their role in bringing down our education system's standards
14 August 2014 06:26 PM
As a former teacher, I have seen first-hand how our education system has become increasingly corporatised and target-driven by the Government
10 July 2014 12:15 PM
Excessive accountability, an unhealthy level of suspicion and an obsession with statistics has made this an impossible career path
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Elif Shafak: Turkish author warns against rise of British nationalism
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
Nigel Farage promises Ukip will not 'stigmatise' would-be migrants – and says he wants 'everyone to speak the same language'
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 3 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 4 Bad Jews poster 'censored' on London Tube
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for