Christian Broughton was appointed Digital Editor of The Independent and i in October 2012, having previously worked at a number of other departments of the paper – from news to magazines – and held positions including Features Editor, Sports Editor and Assistant Editor, running the night desk. He has also worked for other publications including the Daily Mirror and Time Out. Under his leadership, independent.co.uk has grown fast, with an expanding team; the site now attracts more than 50 million monthly unique visitors. On brief absences from a screen he can be found despairing at the plight of West Ham and spending time with his wife and three children. He likes to hear from people with great ideas…
24 February 2014 01:45 PM
It’s been almost a week now since the new Independent Digital Edition app went live on iPad. Judging by the reviews so far, most of our early adopters love it as much as we do. Phew!
24 October 2012 09:00 PM
A 10-gallon hat of a car - are you brave enough?
28 May 1997 12:02 AM
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 3 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 4 The most powerful passports in the world
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years