Christian Broughton was appointed Digital Editor of The Independent and i in October 2012, having previously worked at a number of other departments of the paper – from news to magazines – and held positions including Features Editor, Sports Editor and Assistant Editor, running the night desk. He has also worked for other publications including the Daily Mirror and Time Out. Under his leadership, independent.co.uk has grown fast, with an expanding team; the site now attracts a shade under 30 million monthly unique visitors. On brief absences from a screen he can be found despairing at the plight of West Ham and spending time with his wife and three children. He likes to hear from people with great ideas…
24 February 2014 01:45 PM
It’s been almost a week now since the new Independent Digital Edition app went live on iPad. Judging by the reviews so far, most of our early adopters love it as much as we do. Phew!
24 October 2012 09:00 PM
A 10-gallon hat of a car - are you brave enough?
28 May 1997 12:02 AM
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 3 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda