Christopher Hirst is an award-winning food writer and freelance journalist.
18 August 2015 09:12 PM
Food porn? Perish the thought -these are just explanatory photos of extramural culinary procedures
The Piebald Inn, restaurant review: 'The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse pie contains the world's hottest chilli'
08 August 2015 12:00 AM
26 July 2015 12:00 AM
05 July 2015 12:00 AM
29 May 2015 12:00 AM
30 April 2015 08:50 PM
14 April 2015 06:07 PM
The main lesson from Eatymologies is never argue with an American etymologist
26 February 2015 12:00 AM
This gourmet guide is hard to stomach, says Christopher Hirst
27 January 2015 07:22 PM
Pulitzer Prize-winning restaurant reviewer Jonathan Gold has shrugged off his disguise. Christopher Hirst spills the beans
Rusty Shears, restaurant review: 'Observing the afternoon tea crowd trickle in, we oozed contentment'
17 January 2015 12:00 AM
Silver Street, Whitby, North Yorkshire (01947 605383)
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train