Christopher Hooton is a Senior Reporter for Independent.co.uk
05 November 2014 11:12 AM
"your tears wipe away ,"
Sir Ian McKellen tells Oxford students what will happen if they don't study for their exams (you can probably guess)
05 November 2014 09:38 AM
They'll be attacked by a Balrog apparently
05 November 2014 08:46 AM
Series will follow astronaut Frank Poole 1000 years into Earth's future
04 November 2014 04:38 PM
A colour swatch will allow you to choose the skin tone
Mother breastfeeds baby in graduation photo to show: 'You don't have to give up a career to have kids'
04 November 2014 03:49 PM
Candid photo was taken at graduation ceremony in Australia
Freddie Gibbs shot at after Brooklyn show: 'They tried to kill Tupac, they tried to kill me, I’m still alive'
04 November 2014 03:15 PM
Rapper was performing at a record store in Williamsburg
04 November 2014 12:53 PM
It will be a horror film about 'vicious beauty'
Russell Brand: 'PARKLIFE!' emerges as the internet's favourite way to mock comedian-turned-revolutionary
04 November 2014 12:07 PM
Excerpts from Brand's speeches get Blur chorus
04 November 2014 11:43 AM
In Tower Hamlets the Starbucks blow, between the lamp posts row on row
04 November 2014 10:37 AM
Special will span the UK's countryside
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Green Party Caroline Lucas interview: 'We could be on the edge of something very big'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'