Claire Fox is the convenor of the Battle of Ideas festival and the director of the Institute of Ideas.
It’s a sick society that encourages its citizens to view everything going on around them with suspicion
10 December 2013 07:23 PM
Whistleblower hotlines risk creating a paranoid, fragmented workforce
11 October 2013 06:16 PM
It is now respectable to demand restraint of any allegedly renegade journalism
19 August 2013 05:52 PM
The detention of David Miranda is part of a wider pattern in which the authorities feel they can act with impunity
25 October 2012 07:02 PM
Yes, Savile's crimes were horrible. But let's not spread fear by imagining child abuse to be widespread.
28 September 2012 01:21 PM
Independent Voices is partnering with the Battle of Ideas festival to present a series of guest articles on the key questions of our time.
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
- 3 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories