Claire Fox is the convenor of the Battle of Ideas festival and the director of the Institute of Ideas.
It’s a sick society that encourages its citizens to view everything going on around them with suspicion
10 December 2013 07:23 PM
Whistleblower hotlines risk creating a paranoid, fragmented workforce
11 October 2013 06:16 PM
It is now respectable to demand restraint of any allegedly renegade journalism
19 August 2013 05:52 PM
The detention of David Miranda is part of a wider pattern in which the authorities feel they can act with impunity
25 October 2012 07:02 PM
Yes, Savile's crimes were horrible. But let's not spread fear by imagining child abuse to be widespread.
28 September 2012 01:21 PM
Independent Voices is partnering with the Battle of Ideas festival to present a series of guest articles on the key questions of our time.
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
- 1 Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
- 2 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 3 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 4 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
- 5 What TripAdvisor users think of 16 of the world's most popular landmarks