Clifford Coonan is a reporter for The Independent, based in Beijing.
Bo Xilai supporter arrested as Chinese authorities prepare for trial of the former Communist Party rising star on charges of corruption and abuse of power
07 August 2013 06:07 PM
Mr Bo could be sentenced to death, although a lengthy jail sentence is the more likely outcome
07 August 2013 12:00 AM
05 August 2013 12:00 AM
25 July 2013 06:59 PM
The disgraced Chinese politician and former rising star of the Communist Party, Bo Xilai, was finally charged with corruption today in what is shaping up to be China’s trial of the century.
15 July 2013 12:00 AM
China's former Railways Minister Liu Zhijun receives suspended death sentence for bribery and corruption
08 July 2013 09:32 AM
Beijing court passes suspended death sentence for abuse of power
03 July 2013 12:00 AM
01 July 2013 05:17 PM
New law has already been criticised for being too vague
How to get what you want from the boss? Hold him hostage in his office: that's what Chinese factory workers did to US executive Chip Starnes
24 June 2013 09:48 AM
Beijing factory owner imprisoned for five days as angry workers barricade the exits
21 June 2013 05:56 PM
Dissident Chinese artist makes musical debut
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
The open loathing between Barack Obama and Benjamin Netanyahu just got worse
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
President Putin is a dangerous psychopath - reason is not going to work with him
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Britain's widening poverty gap should be causing outrage at the start of the election campaign
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Benedict Cumberbatch's Alan Turing gay-rights campaign snubbed by Prince William and Kate Middleton
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'