Clifford Coonan is a reporter for The Independent, based in Beijing.
Bo Xilai supporter arrested as Chinese authorities prepare for trial of the former Communist Party rising star on charges of corruption and abuse of power
07 August 2013 06:07 PM
Mr Bo could be sentenced to death, although a lengthy jail sentence is the more likely outcome
07 August 2013 12:00 AM
05 August 2013 12:00 AM
25 July 2013 06:59 PM
The disgraced Chinese politician and former rising star of the Communist Party, Bo Xilai, was finally charged with corruption today in what is shaping up to be China’s trial of the century.
15 July 2013 12:00 AM
China's former Railways Minister Liu Zhijun receives suspended death sentence for bribery and corruption
08 July 2013 09:32 AM
Beijing court passes suspended death sentence for abuse of power
03 July 2013 12:00 AM
01 July 2013 05:17 PM
New law has already been criticised for being too vague
How to get what you want from the boss? Hold him hostage in his office: that's what Chinese factory workers did to US executive Chip Starnes
24 June 2013 09:48 AM
Beijing factory owner imprisoned for five days as angry workers barricade the exits
21 June 2013 05:56 PM
Dissident Chinese artist makes musical debut
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Have you heard about the film Singapore has banned its people from watching? Well, you have now