Clive Stafford Smith
Clive Stafford Smith is the director of the legal action charity Reprieve
George Stinney: Even if the executed 14-year-old is pardoned, it would be wrong to suppose capital punishment has become more 'humane' since 1944
26 January 2014 04:29 PM
Endemic racism, of course, remains. And neither have our killing methods 'improved'
16 August 2013 07:00 PM
When I was young, every night at bedtime some patient soul would read to me. For many months, only two books were permitted: The Adventures of Robin Hood and Enid Blyton's Brer Rabbit Book. Both have had an influence on my life, but the rabbit has probably had the greater impact.
14 July 2012 12:00 AM
Answered this week by Clive Stafford Smith
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more