Clive Stafford Smith
Clive Stafford Smith is the director of the legal action charity Reprieve
George Stinney: Even if the executed 14-year-old is pardoned, it would be wrong to suppose capital punishment has become more 'humane' since 1944
26 January 2014 04:29 PM
Endemic racism, of course, remains. And neither have our killing methods 'improved'
16 August 2013 07:00 PM
When I was young, every night at bedtime some patient soul would read to me. For many months, only two books were permitted: The Adventures of Robin Hood and Enid Blyton's Brer Rabbit Book. Both have had an influence on my life, but the rabbit has probably had the greater impact.
14 July 2012 12:00 AM
Answered this week by Clive Stafford Smith
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
- 1 As an ex prostitute, I urge all the political parties to commit to the Sex Buyer Law
- 2 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 3 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Couple die within 28 hours of each other after being married for 73 years