Dr Daniel Newman is a research assistant at Cardiff University’s Sustainable Places Research Institute, one of the UK’s leading centres for sustainability science. His work focuses on mobility, especially around issues of environmental impact and social justice. One of his key interests is in the present car system and its relation to capitalist consumerism, in particular looking at the rise of green technologies such as electric vehicles and potential moves away from private vehicle ownership to car sharing. He also teaches at Cardiff Law School, where he specialises in access to justice and the legal profession. He has recently released the book Legal Aid Lawyers and the Quest for Justice published by Hart.
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 The awkward moment Sarah Palin raised $25,000 for Hillary Clinton's election campaign
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope