Dr Daniel Newman is a research assistant at Cardiff University’s Sustainable Places Research Institute, one of the UK’s leading centres for sustainability science. His work focuses on mobility, especially around issues of environmental impact and social justice. One of his key interests is in the present car system and its relation to capitalist consumerism, in particular looking at the rise of green technologies such as electric vehicles and potential moves away from private vehicle ownership to car sharing. He also teaches at Cardiff Law School, where he specialises in access to justice and the legal profession. He has recently released the book Legal Aid Lawyers and the Quest for Justice published by Hart.
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory