Dr Daniel Newman is a research assistant at Cardiff University’s Sustainable Places Research Institute, one of the UK’s leading centres for sustainability science. His work focuses on mobility, especially around issues of environmental impact and social justice. One of his key interests is in the present car system and its relation to capitalist consumerism, in particular looking at the rise of green technologies such as electric vehicles and potential moves away from private vehicle ownership to car sharing. He also teaches at Cardiff Law School, where he specialises in access to justice and the legal profession. He has recently released the book Legal Aid Lawyers and the Quest for Justice published by Hart.
- 1 Rape threats, death threats and a police investigation after video poking fun at an Islamic Party in Malaysia goes viral
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 6-year-old writes ice cold Valentine's card to his stepmother
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'