Dr Daniel Newman is a research assistant at Cardiff University’s Sustainable Places Research Institute, one of the UK’s leading centres for sustainability science. His work focuses on mobility, especially around issues of environmental impact and social justice. One of his key interests is in the present car system and its relation to capitalist consumerism, in particular looking at the rise of green technologies such as electric vehicles and potential moves away from private vehicle ownership to car sharing. He also teaches at Cardiff Law School, where he specialises in access to justice and the legal profession. He has recently released the book Legal Aid Lawyers and the Quest for Justice published by Hart.
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more