After 15 years as a teacher, in which he led two English departments and was an Assistant Head, David is now a freelance trainer, education consultant, conference speaker, provocateur and writer. He writes the blog The Learning Spy and is also the author of the best-selling, The Perfect English Lesson and The Secret of Literacy.
Dyslexic students get extra support, but what about those without the label who struggle with reading?
27 February 2014 01:16 PM
It’s understandable that parents want to get the label because they believe it will lead to an intervention, but interventions are ineffective, expensive and time-consuming
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing