David Goodhart is the founder of Prospect magazine and director of the think tank Demos
09 February 2014 12:00 AM
Ukip is quick to exploit voters' disenchantment, but the London-based elite should pay more attention to the reasons behind its success
This week's big questions: Could you live on £53 a week? How should the West deal with North Korea’s warmongering?
05 April 2013 05:05 PM
This week's questions are answered by the founder of Prospect magazine and director of Demos think tank, David Goodhart
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist