David Kuria Mbote
David Kuria Mbote, hte first openly gay politician in Kenya, is running for a Senate seat in Kiambu County. He holds an MBA in International Business from the University of Nairobi, previously worked as an Associate Lecturer at the Tangaza College of Catholic University of Eastern Africa, and was also the Business Development Officer at the Social Ministry Research Network Centre – somirenec, a leading anti-poverty Research and Development program in East Africa.
14 October 2012 04:56 PM
In an exclusive column for Independent Voices, Africa's first openly gay black politician explains why he is running for a seat in his country's Senate
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >