A founder member of The Independent David Lister joined the paper in 1986 as Assistant Home Editor. He became the paper's arts correspondent in 1988 and is now Arts Editor and writes a column each Saturday. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
29 August 2014 06:02 PM
The very existence of Prom 46 was a thrilling and political event
To vote no or not to vote no, that is the question... Although do celebrities really have the answer?
22 August 2014 07:59 PM
David Tennant is right — the public doesn't care about what famous people think
08 August 2014 05:18 PM
The art of leaving is a prerogative of audiences in all art forms
01 August 2014 05:54 PM
Had Holes been a television drama, it would have been pulled
25 July 2014 06:59 PM
It’s a very dangerous path that the BBC Trust is going down
18 July 2014 06:42 PM
When Mr Baron Cohen comes to your locality it is not for the purpose of helping the local economy and boosting tourism
11 July 2014 07:43 PM
A short video explaining WW1 by the BBC suggests that the cultural establishment doesn't quite understand young people
04 July 2014 05:55 PM
Finally, someone has come along who dares to say the unsayable
20 June 2014 05:29 PM
We need to rethink our attitude to West End theatres
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan in new celebrity hacking attack weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death