A founder member of The Independent David Lister joined the paper in 1986 as Assistant Home Editor. He became the paper's arts correspondent in 1988 and is now Arts Editor and writes a column each Saturday. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
06 December 2013 06:05 PM
There is an argument that it could become a prize for painting
29 November 2013 06:03 PM
There’s nothing wrong with trying to make classical music more accessible to younger audiences
27 November 2013 09:25 AM
'Stunning, revelatory and downright perplexing. Like the man himself'
22 November 2013 04:12 PM
Missing out on theatre might be painful, but she chose the right path
15 November 2013 02:21 PM
Arts venues must resist unsuitable names in the interests of sponsorship
As if they never were: Gary Glitter and Jimmy Savile are being written out of history, but at what cost?
08 November 2013 04:52 PM
How right is it, morally or culturally, to erase traces of our generation's sex villains?
i Arts Editor's Letter: A great landmark for The National Theatre, but just how 'national' are they?
04 November 2013 12:00 AM
01 November 2013 03:16 PM
Where are all the genius geographers, genius astronomers and genius politicians?
25 October 2013 04:35 PM
This revelation requires more than a little serious consideration
18 October 2013 03:19 PM
This week-long event failed to seize the attention of the capital
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death