David Randall is a British journalist and author of The Universal Journalist, a textbook on journalism.
15 April 2012 12:00 AM
As the BBC launches a new series 'The 70s', our writer rifles through his memory bank to relive those kaleidoscopic days
08 April 2012 12:00 AM
08 April 2012 12:00 AM
01 April 2012 12:00 AM
25 March 2012 12:00 AM
The pregnant fiancée of one of Mohamed Merah's victims is making plans for a posthumous wedding
18 March 2012 12:00 AM
On Tuesday, the Queen addresses both houses of Parliament for the umpteenth time in her reign. What if, instead of the platitudes written for her, she gave vent to 60 years of pent-up feelings about the British political class? What if she told us what she really thinks?
11 March 2012 12:01 AM
Our fifth annual Independent on Sunday Happy List is now being prepared, and we’re seeking nominations.
11 March 2012 12:00 AM
We are guaranteed the gold for pessimism, but is that the trophy we want, wonders David Randall
The forgotten victims: How the Titanic tragedy handed a devastating legacy to the people of Southampton
04 March 2012 12:00 AM
Of the 700 crew who perished on the Titanic, 550 came from Southampton. Their stories have rarely been told – until now.
19 February 2012 12:00 AM
David Cameron may yet come to regret his breakfast encounter with the shot-putting, kilt-wearing giant who has adorned cereal boxes across the land for many a chilly winter. David Randall unravels an amazing tale
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'