Former editor of The Specator magazine and the Sunday Telegraph newspaper, Dominic Lawson who is noted for his robust and iconoclastic opinions on political and social issues, has been writing a column for The Independent since 2006.
02 September 2013 06:13 PM
When regimes in the Middle East feel threatened by their own people, they immediately seek to blame the insurrection on Israel or ‘the Jews’
19 August 2013 05:08 PM
...but rising house prices are among the economic figures making Labour feel sick
12 August 2013 05:19 PM
Tesco’s done more for employment in the UK than any politician ever will
05 August 2013 05:59 PM
If oil and gas are there in the South, then let the country benefit
Is Stuart Broad a cheat? I’d rather England's cricket team were ruthless winners than priggish losers
15 July 2013 06:37 PM
The notion of the decent upstanding English public school-educated cricketers is only a myth to console ourselves in defeat against a supposedly inferior national culture
08 July 2013 07:18 PM
Sport has expanded to fill the space that more serious pursuits used to occupy
01 July 2013 06:28 PM
It seems absurd to compare a central banker with a Hollywood movie star. Yet the role of physical allure is underestimated in careers which ought to owe nothing to looks
24 June 2013 09:20 PM
Recent revelations show just how embedded is a culture of self-preservation among those whose first duty should be to you and me
17 June 2013 05:48 PM
This is not an unremittingly bleak documentary, despite its harrowing subject
10 June 2013 05:41 PM
The delusions of these two public figures defeat any satire
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Ukip and Nigel Farage on course for remarkable victory in European elections
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Exclusive: World’s most pristine waters are polluted by US Navy human waste
- 3 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Q&A by Simon Calder: How far could it have travelled? Who was responsible and what would their plans be? And how can a plane just vanish?
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers