Former editor of The Specator magazine and the Sunday Telegraph newspaper, Dominic Lawson who is noted for his robust and iconoclastic opinions on political and social issues, has been writing a column for The Independent since 2006.
10 July 2012 12:00 AM
Perhaps the idea of the effortless genius is born to reassure ourselves in our relative laziness
02 July 2012 07:33 AM
Governments allow themselves to pull stunts that really would put bankers in jail
26 June 2012 11:00 AM
There is no popular demand whatsoever for a European political union
19 June 2012 01:00 PM
It's not the government that will suffer as a result of industrial action. It is patients.
12 June 2012 12:00 AM
You can't dismiss this kind of pork-barrel banking as something peculiar to Spain
04 June 2012 08:00 PM
Supporters of European integration have always found democracy an awkward customer
29 May 2012 12:00 AM
The BBC has gone berserk with headlines such as 'People unite around Olympic flame'
22 May 2012 11:00 AM
Angela Merkel has already gone far beyond what her electorate wants in terms of guarantees
15 May 2012 12:00 AM
The outbreak of mutual blackmail exposes how the euro has made the nations more divided
08 May 2012 12:00 AM
Without devaluation, the only way the Greeks can restore competitiveness is to impose real wage cuts
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Green Party Caroline Lucas interview: 'We could be on the edge of something very big'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'