Former editor of The Specator magazine and the Sunday Telegraph newspaper, Dominic Lawson who is noted for his robust and iconoclastic opinions on political and social issues, has been writing a column for The Independent since 2006.
10 July 2012 12:00 AM
Perhaps the idea of the effortless genius is born to reassure ourselves in our relative laziness
02 July 2012 07:33 AM
Governments allow themselves to pull stunts that really would put bankers in jail
26 June 2012 11:00 AM
There is no popular demand whatsoever for a European political union
19 June 2012 01:00 PM
It's not the government that will suffer as a result of industrial action. It is patients.
12 June 2012 12:00 AM
You can't dismiss this kind of pork-barrel banking as something peculiar to Spain
04 June 2012 08:00 PM
Supporters of European integration have always found democracy an awkward customer
29 May 2012 12:00 AM
The BBC has gone berserk with headlines such as 'People unite around Olympic flame'
22 May 2012 11:00 AM
Angela Merkel has already gone far beyond what her electorate wants in terms of guarantees
15 May 2012 12:00 AM
The outbreak of mutual blackmail exposes how the euro has made the nations more divided
08 May 2012 12:00 AM
Without devaluation, the only way the Greeks can restore competitiveness is to impose real wage cuts
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness