Former editor of The Specator magazine and the Sunday Telegraph newspaper, Dominic Lawson who is noted for his robust and iconoclastic opinions on political and social issues, has been writing a column for The Independent since 2006.
14 February 2012 12:00 AM
We are decreasingly able to gain a sense of personal pride simply in knowing we have done a good job
07 February 2012 12:00 AM
David Cameron's decision to maintain our overseas aid budget was intensely political
31 January 2012 12:00 AM
A grotesque outlay was justified on the grounds that it would benefit tourism. But there was no evidence for it
17 January 2012 12:00 AM
If your policy is one of austerity it is advisable to use something other than economic growth as a measure of your success
10 January 2012 12:01 AM
Perhaps a mass campaign to switch accounts from the bank with the highest-paid CEO?
03 January 2012 12:00 AM
The reason forecasting is so often an abject failure is both familiar and predictable
20 December 2011 12:00 AM
There is no evidence to suggest that incentive structures led to people taking excessive risks
29 November 2011 12:00 AM
If there is a class divide in the employment market, the underdogs are not the public sector
22 November 2011 12:00 AM
MPs of all parties have belatedly addressed themselves to the public's concern
15 November 2011 12:00 AM
Britain's plunge into this grotesque subsidy has come at a time when other countries have pulled back
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
UN investigating British Government over human rights abuses caused by IDS welfare reforms
- 1 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 4 A Chinese journalist has appeared on state television 'confessing' to causing the stock market chaos
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night