Former editor of The Specator magazine and the Sunday Telegraph newspaper, Dominic Lawson who is noted for his robust and iconoclastic opinions on political and social issues, has been writing a column for The Independent since 2006.
14 February 2012 12:00 AM
We are decreasingly able to gain a sense of personal pride simply in knowing we have done a good job
07 February 2012 12:00 AM
David Cameron's decision to maintain our overseas aid budget was intensely political
31 January 2012 12:00 AM
A grotesque outlay was justified on the grounds that it would benefit tourism. But there was no evidence for it
17 January 2012 12:00 AM
If your policy is one of austerity it is advisable to use something other than economic growth as a measure of your success
10 January 2012 12:01 AM
Perhaps a mass campaign to switch accounts from the bank with the highest-paid CEO?
03 January 2012 12:00 AM
The reason forecasting is so often an abject failure is both familiar and predictable
20 December 2011 12:00 AM
There is no evidence to suggest that incentive structures led to people taking excessive risks
29 November 2011 12:00 AM
If there is a class divide in the employment market, the underdogs are not the public sector
22 November 2011 12:00 AM
MPs of all parties have belatedly addressed themselves to the public's concern
15 November 2011 12:00 AM
Britain's plunge into this grotesque subsidy has come at a time when other countries have pulled back
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'