Douglas Alexander MP is the Shadow Foreign Secretary.
12 May 2013 04:27 PM
Neither arming the rebels nor military strikes can guarantee peace in a country where sectarian, tribal and democratic impulses are all present
31 March 2013 12:00 AM
His legacy is the modern Labour Party
Mali, Algeria and what the latest conflict in north Africa tells us about the meaning of 'War on Terror'
22 January 2013 04:35 PM
The Shadow Foreign Secretary argues against the use of a tired, imprecise phrase
08 November 2012 06:48 PM
Britain’s top priority must be to push for a more flexible Europe.
16 October 2012 08:11 PM
The gravity of the humanitarian crisis must be matched by the donor response.
23 July 2012 07:37 PM
In the time it takes to read this article, at least one person will have died from armed violence.
22 January 2012 12:00 AM
Narrow nationalism is not what Scotland - nor the United Kingdom - needs in the debate about independence
- 1 Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police