Douglas Alexander MP is the Shadow Foreign Secretary.
12 May 2013 04:27 PM
Neither arming the rebels nor military strikes can guarantee peace in a country where sectarian, tribal and democratic impulses are all present
31 March 2013 12:00 AM
His legacy is the modern Labour Party
Mali, Algeria and what the latest conflict in north Africa tells us about the meaning of 'War on Terror'
22 January 2013 04:35 PM
The Shadow Foreign Secretary argues against the use of a tired, imprecise phrase
08 November 2012 06:48 PM
Britain’s top priority must be to push for a more flexible Europe.
16 October 2012 08:11 PM
The gravity of the humanitarian crisis must be matched by the donor response.
23 July 2012 07:37 PM
In the time it takes to read this article, at least one person will have died from armed violence.
22 January 2012 12:00 AM
Narrow nationalism is not what Scotland - nor the United Kingdom - needs in the debate about independence
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 'He was always smiling': Lee Rigby named as Woolwich victim
- 3 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 4 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
- 5 Two bailed after arrest over Twitter comments about Woolwich murder
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.