Douglas Alexander MP and Jim Murphy MP
Douglas Alexander MP is the Shadow Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs. He has held cabinet posts under Tony Blair and Gordon Brown and is the Member of Parliament for the Paisley & Renfrewshire South constituency. Jim Murphy MP is the Shadow Defence Secretary and Member of Parliament for East Renfrewshire.
17 March 2013 12:19 AM
The UN will soon meet to agree a global arms trade treaty and as events in Syria show, thousands of lives depend on on the outcome
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond