Douglas Alexander MP and Jim Murphy MP
Douglas Alexander MP is the Shadow Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs. He has held cabinet posts under Tony Blair and Gordon Brown and is the Member of Parliament for the Paisley & Renfrewshire South constituency. Jim Murphy MP is the Shadow Defence Secretary and Member of Parliament for East Renfrewshire.
17 March 2013 12:19 AM
The UN will soon meet to agree a global arms trade treaty and as events in Syria show, thousands of lives depend on on the outcome
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 3 Group of students refused entry to Leicester nightclub 'because they are black'
- 4 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace