Douglas Hurd is a British Conservative politician and novelist.
08 April 2013 01:58 PM
Thatcher did nothing to discourage the myth that she was constantly interfering
02 November 2012 05:17 PM
The former Minister for Europe and Home and Foreign Secretary recalls the Tory wars over Europe in the 1990s - and endorses Barack Obama ahead of next week's election
12 November 1999 12:02 AM
03 December 1998 12:02 AM
14 March 1998 12:02 AM
09 November 1997 12:02 AM
16 May 1996 12:02 AM
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 3 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 4 The most powerful passports in the world
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years