Douglas Hurd is a British Conservative politician and novelist.
08 April 2013 01:58 PM
Thatcher did nothing to discourage the myth that she was constantly interfering
02 November 2012 05:17 PM
The former Minister for Europe and Home and Foreign Secretary recalls the Tory wars over Europe in the 1990s - and endorses Barack Obama ahead of next week's election
12 November 1999 12:02 AM
03 December 1998 12:02 AM
14 March 1998 12:02 AM
09 November 1997 12:02 AM
16 May 1996 12:02 AM
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches, it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 2 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 3 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 4 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 5 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?