Duncan Heining began writing about jazz in 1996 and over the last decade and a half has written for Avant magazine, the Independent, The Independent on Sunday, Record Collector, Jazzwise, Jazz UK and the website All About Jazz.
09 January 2013 12:00 AM
As Grace Slick once remarked, ‘If you remember the sixties, you weren’t there!”
25 November 1999 12:02 AM
16 November 1999 12:02 AM
16 November 1999 12:00 AM
20 August 1999 12:02 AM
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train