Elizabeth (Liz) Truss has been Tory MP for South West Norfolk since the 2010 general election. In September 2012, she was appointed as Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State with responsibility for education and childcare in the Department for Education
The curriculum we are introducing captures British history in all its multi-layered, omni-racial glory
14 February 2013 05:14 PM
In a column this week, Yasmin Alibhai-Brown castigated plans for a new national curriculum. Here a leading Minister at the Department for Education responds
29 January 2013 12:00 AM
Every child in Britain deserves better than the current system provides. Closing the gap between childcare and education is the first, crucial step
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C