Singer-songwriter Elton John has sold over 250 million records in his four-decade long career. He is heavily involved in the right against AIDS and in 1992 founded the Elton John AIDS Foundation. He entered into a civil partnership with David Furnish in 2005 and continues to champion LGBT rights around the world.
20 December 2013 05:14 PM
My two sons may never experience Africa and its wildlife like I had the chance to
08 October 2012 05:30 PM
I know a lot of people will say we should count ourselves lucky to live in a country that allows civil partnerships, and call it quits there. I don't accept that.
24 July 2012 09:00 AM
The Aids epidemic is fuelled by stigma, hate, ignorance and indifference
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 3 Trevor Noah: Jon Stewart's replacement faces online criticism over 'anti-Semitic' tweets
- 4 Turkey power cut: Prime Minister says nationwide blackout could be caused by terrorists
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims