Singer-songwriter Elton John has sold over 250 million records in his four-decade long career. He is heavily involved in the right against AIDS and in 1992 founded the Elton John AIDS Foundation. He entered into a civil partnership with David Furnish in 2005 and continues to champion LGBT rights around the world.
20 December 2013 05:14 PM
My two sons may never experience Africa and its wildlife like I had the chance to
08 October 2012 05:30 PM
I know a lot of people will say we should count ourselves lucky to live in a country that allows civil partnerships, and call it quits there. I don't accept that.
24 July 2012 09:00 AM
The Aids epidemic is fuelled by stigma, hate, ignorance and indifference
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace