Emily is a social media journalist for www.independent.co.uk. She also writes music reviews, food and lifestyle features for The Independent and i.
09 October 2012 11:13 AM
What's trending and why? 9 October 2012
08 October 2012 10:50 AM
What's trending and why? 8 October 2012
07 October 2012 06:00 AM
This week Emily Jupp ran a campaign to prevent delays in diagnosis of cancer in young people. Here we see some of your reactions.
05 October 2012 05:17 PM
Sixteen-year-old Emily Baker's book Loving the Band will be published by Penguin.
Delayed Diagnosis: The persistence of hope - Ol Parker discusses new film Now is Good starring Dakota Fanning and Jeremy Irvine
05 October 2012 06:00 AM
Ol Parker, the director of "Now Is Good", tells our writer how the loss of a friend inspired him to make a life-affirming film.
04 October 2012 10:49 AM
What's trending and why? 4 October 2012
03 October 2012 12:08 PM
The grandeur of the funeral industry is being sidestepped as ever more people opt for something a little on the cheaper side. Thought about a cardboard coffin?
03 October 2012 10:33 AM
What's trending and why? 3 October 2012
02 October 2012 10:26 AM
The role of the eponymous cross-dressing “aunt” in Charley’s Aunt was written in 1890 for William Sydney Penley, a man so naturally funny that he had to give up a career in light opera because he lacked the necessary gravitas, and it has since been taken on by Noël Coward, John Gielgud and Arthur Askey. Now Gavin and Stacey star Mathew Horne is tackling the role.
Delayed Diagnosis: 'I get out the pictures of myself in chemo, and go "boom! there you go, proof I understand".'
02 October 2012 06:00 AM
In the second part of our week-long series, four young people share their struggles to get a cancer diagnosis, the ordeal of treatment and where they are now.
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf