Frances Ryan is a freelance writer and doctoral candidate in political philosophy.
31 January 2013 06:36 PM
Gervais claims the character in his controversial new sitcom isn't meant to be disabled - but how is he perceived?
17 October 2012 11:25 AM
The recent debate over abortion has left many women feeling angry, and rightly so - it's not a man's place to judge our right to abortion.
11 September 2012 05:46 PM
The Paralympics offered a positive platform to disabled people, but it's the meaning attached to 'disability' that's the problem.
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Chris Leslie: Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor
Landlords renting properties to illegal immigrants to face up to five years in prison
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Labour leadership race: Jeremy Corbyn could be the next Prime Minister, says Ken Clarke
- 1 Malaysia issues arrest warrant for Gordon Brown’s sister-in-law after she publishes stories on leader Najib Razak's financial affairs
- 2 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 3 Natalia Molchanova: World's most successful free-driver is missing and feared dead after disappearing in Mediterranean
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims