Frank Hewetson is a Greenpeace activist, and former features editor, travel writer and food critic for The Independent on Sunday
Menus and mundanity in Murmansk: A letter from Greenpeace activist Frank Hewetson from behind bars in Russia
26 October 2013 10:00 PM
Arrested with 29 others aboard the ship Arctic Sunrise, Frank Hewetson is now being held in Murmansk prison on hooliganism charges. From there, he writes a letter to The Independent on Sunday's editor Lisa Markwell
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
- 1 Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
- 4 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 5 Dylan Moran on quitting smoking, being about as sexy as the Pope and why comedy panel programmes are 'c*ck shows'