Freddie McConnell is a journalist, multimedia producer and over-land traveller, with a degree in Arabic and hostile environments experience in the Middle East and Afghanistan.
06 November 2013 09:30 AM
Transgender felt like a negative label. I drafted and redrafted before posting the Facebook status and changing my name. Everybody knew. It was a huge relief.
22 August 2013 07:36 PM
When Chelsea Manning – formerly known as Bradley – came out publicly, a jumble of thoughts raced through my mind.
22 August 2013 07:24 PM
The terrifying scale of coming out to the world is, I suspect, matched by the immense weight that has been lifted off her
17 March 2013 12:00 AM
One of the country's richest archaeological treasures sits on top of vast copper reserves now sold to the Chinese
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Scottish independence live: Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum - as it happened
- 3 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 4 Friends 20th anniversary: Six things we wouldn't have without influential comedy series
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins