Gabriella Swerling is a Manchester (and sometimes London) based freelance journalist and writer with an interest in all things current, opinionated, cultural and historical.
14 September 2013 12:00 AM
That's the one thing all religions have in common
26 February 2013 12:00 AM
Throw some light on whatever you're working on with a classic, quirky or even a canine design
06 February 2013 12:00 AM
No matter how chilly it is outside, come half term, you're going to need to tire out the children. Try one of these for size
Gambler denied £500,000 windfall by referee blowing full time whistle in Leeds - Tottenham match ONE SECOND before crucial goal went in
31 January 2013 05:59 PM
One unlucky gambler has missed out on £500,000 in winnings on an accumulator bet after a referee ended an FA Cup match just one second before the ball was about to dribble over the line and give the man a vital correct score.
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Katie Hopkins has just written a piece so hateful that it might give Hitler pause – why was it published?
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Cancel Sky at your peril: man spends 96 minutes in chat but fails to get rid of service