Geoffrey Wheatcroft is a journalist and writer. He has written for publications including The Spectator, the Evening Standard, the Sunday Telegraphand The New York Review of Books. His book 'The Controversy of Zion' won a National Jewish Book Award.
30 August 2013 08:03 PM
As everyone says endlessly, the shadow of Iraq hangs over Syria. More exactly, it’s the shadow of Tony Blair -- or an echo, heard all the way through Thursday's debate
13 October 2012 12:00 AM
It's a dismal story for sport but a riveting one for a psychologist
25 July 1999 12:02 AM
11 July 1999 12:02 AM
24 January 1999 12:02 AM
27 December 1998 12:02 AM
22 November 1998 12:02 AM
25 October 1998 12:02 AM
04 October 1998 12:02 AM
20 September 1998 12:02 AM
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 4 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh