Geraldine Bedell is the editor of Gransnet
06 August 2014 03:48 PM
Even if our emotions could be could be easily reduced to ‘happy’ or ‘sad’ - what then?
21 October 2013 06:36 PM
The economy is still inimical to family life
08 August 2013 02:46 PM
The highest earning women face no discrimination - but behave like men at work
14 March 2013 04:45 PM
Either state-subsidised childcare frees up grandparents to work, like in Scandinavia, or the elderly are intensely involved in childcare, like in southern Europe.
01 March 2012 12:00 AM
The dismissive language used about older people is a symptom of a deeper fear and visceral disgust
24 November 2011 12:00 AM
22 June 2001 12:00 AM
When Geraldine Bedell had her first baby, the guilt and panic she felt were overwhelming. For some mothers, such feelings can kill
17 June 2001 12:00 AM
29 September 1996 12:02 AM
15 September 1996 12:02 AM
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist