Gerard Gilbert is a television writer and feature writer for The Independent.
26 January 2014 08:48 PM
Show has given Russell Tovey his ideal role, he tells Gerard Gilbert
21 January 2014 01:05 PM
TV picks, Tuesday 21 January
14 January 2014 05:49 PM
Smoking on screen is sexy again, but even fake cigarettes have side effects for the actors, finds Gerard Gilbert
14 January 2014 03:05 PM
TV picks, Tuesday 14 January
13 January 2014 02:22 PM
Samantha Bond bakes a cake and Romanian migrants arrive in Birmingham
12 January 2014 12:00 AM
The comic's aggressive style does not match his true self, finds Gerard Gilbert
11 January 2014 12:00 AM
Emma Willis has worked her way through the divisions of popular entertainment presenting. Tonight, she takes the reins of the BBC’s revamped ‘The Voice’. Will she sink or swim?
07 January 2014 12:00 AM
Cult sitcom This Is Jinsy has attracted TV's biggest names. Gerard Gilbert visits the surreal show's creators on set
Benefits Street, The Bletchley Circle and Secrets Of The Living Dolls: What to watch tonight - TV choices, Monday 6 January
06 January 2014 01:54 PM
Channel 4 doc about men who dress up as latex dolls airs tonight
03 January 2014 01:02 PM
June Brown joins Piers Morgan on the sofa to discuss her life stories
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
- 1 The political parties aren't all the same – which means 2015 will be a 'big-choice' election
- 2 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 Naomi Wolf reacts to Isis 'conspiracy theories' critism after she questions whether beheading videos are real