Gerard Gilbert is a television writer and feature writer for The Independent.
11 June 2014 12:00 AM
I'm genuinely intrigued to watch tonight's concluding episode to see how they get on – far more interested than I am to see who wins this year's Celebrity MasterChef (BBC1).
David Beckham into the Unknown, BBC1 - TV review: 'Brand Beckham's Amazon adventure is a bit of an own goal'
10 June 2014 12:00 AM
One of the more interesting moments in last night's not-uninteresting BBC1 documentary David Beckham into the Unknown, in which the footballing star and three of his closest male friends travelled by motorbike through the Amazon rainforests, occurred before he even left home.
09 June 2014 12:00 AM
This workaday look at the science of wildfires lacks a bit of spark
21 May 2014 11:00 PM
20 May 2014 12:00 AM
Meet the showrunners: From Steven Moffat to Toby Whithouse, how did writers end up seizing the reins of British drama?
18 May 2014 12:00 AM
13 May 2014 12:00 AM
07 May 2014 10:00 PM
07 May 2014 12:00 AM
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'