Gillian Orr writes about the arts for The Independent.
Maxine Peake & Mike Joyce: "It's quite funny when one of your rock'n'roll heroes comes to your house with a box of his veg"
09 November 2014 12:00 AM
Maxine Peake, 40
02 November 2014 12:00 AM
The 37-year-old visited the Discover Dogs event at London's Earls Court exhibition centre, where 34,000 visitors attend with 3,000 tail-waggers
From the White House to the Tower of London: Replicas of Western landmarks are springing up in the most unlikely places
29 October 2014 10:30 PM
There is a clone of the White House in Virginia, Vietnam and even Iraq, while in China you can find the Tower of London, Mount Rushmore and the entire Austrian alpine village of Hallstatt
23 October 2014 11:00 PM
23 October 2014 09:50 PM
The latest bonkers clip is dubbed "The most epic safety video ever made"
22 October 2014 09:24 PM
The new 'educational entertainment experience' in London's Shepherd's Bush will allow children to try out the jobs that are usually undertaken by adults
22 October 2014 12:00 AM
16 October 2014 10:00 PM
If there was still a myth that antipodean artists lacked culture, then the latest Man Booker win for Richard Flanagan has put paid to that. And about time, too, says Gillian Orr
05 October 2014 12:00 AM
Photographer Gina Soden has broken into places all over Europe to capture their eerie attraction
03 October 2014 12:57 PM
Sliding into smack addiction will be romanticised by followers, and shagging around is shrugged off as a rite of passage for any rising star
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Madonna claims jokes about her age tantamount to racism: 'No one would dare to say a degrading remark about being black'