Glenn Moore is Football Editor for The Independent and a Uefa B licence holder.
20 June 2014 08:09 PM
Hodgson’s task includes improving tactics, but it’s not all as bad as the results suggest
19 June 2014 09:08 PM
Colombians lead three teams in Brazil, but globally Argentinian coaches are in vogue
19 June 2014 01:57 AM
A tactical look at tonight's Group D encounter
16 June 2014 05:35 PM
Numerous top players have emerged at the same time for Belgium and consequently many are backing them to go far in the World Cup. But how did they end up with such a talented group of players?
15 June 2014 04:11 PM
What should the England manager do before the crucial game with Uruguay?
15 June 2014 03:54 PM
What does history have to say for England's chances?
14 June 2014 10:43 PM
Costa Rica won 3-1 in the opening match of Group D
13 June 2014 09:01 PM
Lack of investment in grass-roots football means supporters will watch without too much hope
13 June 2014 07:33 PM
England’s best World Cups have begun that way; but then again, so did the last one
11 June 2014 06:41 PM
Confederations Cup win showed Scolari’s side knows how to attack, but what can we expect from an opening game?
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist