Gloria De Piero
Gloria De Piero is shadow Minister for Women and Equalities
14 July 2015 08:29 AM
It needs a better budget, for starters
08 August 2014 12:00 AM
This isn’t the future we dream of for our friends, daughters, sisters or mums
20 June 2014 03:24 PM
After this Tory MP’s tweet about Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, the onus is on David Cameron to act
Winter Olympics 2014: Britain must make clear that it totally opposes Russia’s treatment of LGBT people
31 January 2014 04:34 PM
When Maria Miller travels to Sochi next week, she must seize the opportunity to raise the issue of LGBT rights with Russian officials
15 September 2013 12:00 AM
Before 1997 there were no specific tools to deal with anti-social behaviour
This week's big questions: Why do people hate politicians? Should obese people who won’t exercise lose their benefits?
04 January 2013 05:37 PM
This week's questions are answered by Gloria De Piero, Labour MP for Ashfield
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 4 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 5 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'