Grace Dent writes about television for The Independent
09 February 2015 06:28 PM
It’s unworkable to expect the police to keep tabs on abusive behaviour
06 February 2015 09:27 AM
Would it do the Commons any harm to grow up?
02 February 2015 06:31 PM
In a previous age, courtiers would have quietly ushered him away from the seat of power
30 January 2015 09:46 AM
Still the microcosm of Fortitude is – as it stands – highly compelling and cinematically sublime
26 January 2015 04:58 PM
Her anger at the response to King Abdullah's death sums up what many of us are thinking
When rents are so high that you have to share a bed with a stranger, surely the revolution can’t be far off
26 January 2015 04:07 PM
London’s affordable-homes crisis amounts to an abuse of human rights
23 January 2015 08:00 AM
'Wolf Hall' is a fitting, elegant centrepiece for the BBC's Tudor season
19 January 2015 06:13 PM
Would Jesus have said the sort of things Francis has been saying?
16 January 2015 08:00 AM
Only the BBC would give 'The Voice' a fourth attempt to discover greatness
12 January 2015 03:29 PM
Free speech also means the freedom to talk complete rubbish
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 Chelsea victory parade: Chelsea mocked on Twitter as 'tens of fans' pack the streets of London
- 3 US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
- 4 Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
- 5 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says