One of the country’s most respected financial journalists and commentators Hamish McRae is an associate editor of The Independent. He was named Business and Finance Journalist of the Year 2006 at the British Press Awards.
21 December 2014 12:00 AM
18 December 2014 12:51 AM
Economic View: We are not facing anything like as grave a crisis as we have twice in the past decade
16 December 2014 07:10 PM
BT's basic business of running wires into homes and businesses is hugely profitable
14 December 2014 12:00 AM
11 December 2014 12:56 AM
09 December 2014 06:18 PM
The pressure will be on the next government to use this extraordinarily powerful tool
07 December 2014 12:00 AM
Autumn Statement: If the Chancellor can’t predict the next six months, who knows what the deficit will be in five years?
03 December 2014 07:23 PM
Differences between the parties may not be great…. Whoever is running things, the squeeze must continue
02 December 2014 07:57 PM
It turns out we need not have bothered with sanctions, for their impact has been marginal
30 November 2014 12:00 AM
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 4 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh