One of the country’s most respected financial journalists and commentators Hamish McRae is an associate editor of The Independent. He was named Business and Finance Journalist of the Year 2006 at the British Press Awards.
25 January 2015 12:00 AM
No one will admit it, but we are in the middle of a pre-election boom. And we all know what follows...
22 January 2015 12:28 AM
Economic View: When you make money you are clever; when you lose it, it is someone else's fault
21 January 2015 09:26 AM
Growth makes the rich richer – but then it also makes all of us richer
20 January 2015 06:57 PM
Redistributive action can help at the margin, but it won't fix the problem without growth
15 January 2015 12:47 AM
Economic View: The eurozone's lost decade is such a disaster that anything the ECB does should be welcomed
13 January 2015 06:52 PM
Falling current prices are a rare experience indeed
11 January 2015 12:00 AM
08 January 2015 01:28 AM
Economic View: The euro has encouraged economic divergence, exactly the opposite to what its promoters predicted
06 January 2015 08:26 PM
Greece could be to the euro what Northern Rock was to the banking crisis
21 December 2014 12:00 AM
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 Syrian refugee child beaten by Istanbul Burger King manager for eating customer’s leftover food