One of the country’s most respected financial journalists and commentators Hamish McRae is an associate editor of The Independent. He was named Business and Finance Journalist of the Year 2006 at the British Press Awards.
27 November 2014 12:51 AM
We are not used to getting higher living standards in the form of lower prices rather than higher wages
25 November 2014 06:35 PM
With growth strong and inflation low, you would expect cash to be rolling into the Treasury
23 November 2014 12:00 AM
20 November 2014 01:17 AM
Economic View: The valuations of the dotcom boom now look absurd. I suggest that applies to today’s bond market
18 November 2014 07:34 PM
We are probably still in the early stages of the effects of the IT revolution
16 November 2014 12:00 AM
13 November 2014 12:09 AM
Economic View: In the US by contrast the mood has shifted towards a rise in interest rates coming quite soon
11 November 2014 06:48 PM
It is hard to claim that inflation policy under any government has been a great success
09 November 2014 12:00 AM
05 November 2014 11:47 PM
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C